Wednesday 30 January 2013

From now on I vow only to wear plastic shoes....

.... with bows on the front, clearly.  I am still on a clothing spending ban as some of you may know, but the time came when I finally had to part with some cash and purchase some new work shoes.  Now my part time employment includes being on my feet the entire time and previously I have often conducted the all time ethical fashion sin as I usually purchase my basic black work flats from... Primark.  And yes they don't last, but actually, neither do shoes from many other outlets.  This prompted a rummage through my shoe collection to only find that the state of all my casual flats was pretty disgusting.  The soles had worn or looked like they needed a good glue,  the material was scuffed or wearing and often discoloured.  Apart from one pair... my Vivienne Westwood Anglomania for Melissa pumps.  No scuffs (well nothing that a damp cloth could alter).  No limply hanging sole (the shoe is one complete unit).  I was amazed! For any of you that aren't familiar with the Melissa brand their shoes are made from MELFLEX plastic, a patented, hypo-allergenic, recyclable, and extremely flexible PVC. The shoes are cruelty free and devoid of animal products. The Brazilian-based company recycle 99.9% of factory water and waste, and they also go the distance by recycling overstock styles into next season’s collection.  So overall a company that is up on its 3r's (reduce, reuse, recycle) is a bonus for me and the fact that they have a lasting power longer than one season is even better.  So in enters the Mel by Melissa Cherry Bow Pumps into my plastic shoe collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment