Sunday 8 July 2012

All used up...

... I love these kinds of posts as its a great way to review a selection of products after a good usage... of the entire thing of course. So things I have used up this month:


  •  Caudalie beauty elixir- I'm not going to bore you with a massive in depth review as you're probably sick of hearing about it but I really did like it and can say It has benefited my complexion. I purchased the 30ml bottle as it was cheaper and I didn't want to commit to the £32 spend of the 100ml one.  It seemed to last me a decent length of time to say I used it everyday, as a couple of spritzes hydrated, calmed and refreshed my skin leaving it smooth and refined.  I do miss it (as I am currently experiencing a horrific break out and I am not sure if it has anything to do with this being absent in my routine) and I would purchase the larger bottle as it works out more cost effective, having said that though I am yet to part with the cash.
  • Dove visible effects body lotion supreme moisture multi layer complex- Now this is a bit of a cheat as it isn't technically used up...I am binning it because it's horrible it leaves me feeling sticky all day and never seems to completely sink into the skin.  I normally love Dove products it has the usual lovely Dove fragrance but a slightly gel/lotion consistency does not get on with my skin at all.
  • Clarisonic gentle hydro cleanser for all skin types-  This is the freebie cleanser that came with my Clarisonic Mia, it has taken me forever to use it as I just didn't see it benefit my skin at all and I much prefer to use one of my own specifically for my own skin type.
  • Herbal Essences tousle me softly conditioner for wavy hair- I don't use any special hair products as such but my products of choice have been Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner for a long time.  My hair can get rather greasy in between washes but this stuff balances me out perfectly so I only tend to wash my hair 2-3 times a week.  Also it smells scrumptious! However  I've cut my longer locks to more a mid length it tends to be falling rather straight so I have just recently switched to the curly one to see if I can help encourage my natural waves to come back.
  • No 7 Beautiful skin melting gel cleanser- (No picture sorry it was chucked before I decided on this post but you can see it here.) Now as things tend to change over time, my 'cannot recommend' enough tag has differed somewhat and now I have ventured further into the world of skincare.  Only since I have started taking a more avid interest in blogging has my skin care expanded, and my use of products was fairly limited when I discovered this cleanser.  My thoughts on it now are that although it is a great dislodger of makeup (after fairly intensive rubbing and you have to add a little water to get it moving but not too much as it turns into a useless milky substance), it never completely removes it or leaves my skin feeling clean.  Although I tend to double cleanse anyway if I'm wearing makeup I prefer something like my Bioderma solution its quicker and does at least make my skin feel cleansed.

No comments:

Post a Comment