Tuesday 5 February 2013

Johari Style Challenge...

... so due to my ongoing Final Major Project at Uni and my decision to start purchasing fashion with a conscience,  I have found a whole host of amasing brands through the Ethical Fashion Forum.  One of which was Johari, who were kind enough to let me take part in their style challenge.  

Johari make stylish beautiful clothing and accessories that certainly live up to their namesake (Johari means 'something precious' in Swahili) and by wearing Johari you are empowering vulnerable young adults to build a living for themselves and their families.  

The difficult part was choosing just one piece from their range which can be found online here!  They have a fantastic selection of bright colours and bold prints, the accessories are simply beautiful so I urge you to have a look and if for nothing else, just to prove that ethical fashion is extremely wearable and a refreshing change from the high street, plus if you do decide to purchase its all for a good cause!

In the end I decided on the Neema dress, partly because of the style and shape which looked flattering for my curvier frame, I loved the 'prosperity' meaning behind the dress and the bold Masaai face print was incredibly unique.




I must note that this is my re-wrapping: I was too excited to open it when it arrived!


First thing I noticed was how beautifully packaged it was, these little extra touches are always associated with luxury which just makes your purchase feel that little bit extra special.  Unravelling the dress I was amazed at the quality, the 100% cotton dress felt so durable and well made, I was so surprised at the comparison between other 'cotton' pieces that I have in my wardrobe.

I chose a size L because I wanted a looser fit but actually a medium would have been fine just for a closer fit as this is such flattering dress that really accentuates the figure.  For a simple pull on vest dress (is how I would describe it best) it is incredibly versatile, that can look really rather sophisticated:

*Neema dress- loan
A vintage sequin jacket, nude heels and oversized clutch
 make the bold print a statement piece ideal for
evenings out 
*Neema dress- loan
A simple blazer, black handbag and a pair of your favourite
coloured shoes makes this dress easily transitional into
smart/formal wear
*Neema dress- loan
Clash prints with busy floral legging.
Wear casual with flats or
glam up with heels!
*Neema dress- loan
In cooler weather wear with a slouchy knit jumper, tights and practical footwear 


*Neema dress- loan
Layer over a collared shirt for a preppy/smart look
 ideal for uni days 

So what do you think?  Can you see a place for the Neema dress in your wardrobe? For £30 I find its hard to see why not and regrettably I did send it back.  But whilst compiling this blog post I'm still thinking of the countless ways I could wear it...

No comments:

Post a Comment